Sunday, February 18, 2007

Starting Petach Tikva

Here I am starting my second week at Yeshivat Hesder Petach Tikva and I am still without permanent hevrutot (learning partners) for the morning and night. Its just about the most important thing, but I know I need to give it time, because I am coming in the middle of a zman (the chunks of time the year is divided to with breaks in between). The most amazing thing is how nice and helpful everyone is. I am constantly having people make sure I a settling in and asking what they can do to help. It’s not just a few students or my ram, it’s all of the rabbis, rashei yeshiva, staff and all the students. Now if only all their caring actually got me a chevruta, but its ok, I need time to understand the place before jumping in all the way, which is why I am not being a nudnik to them, even though they tell me I should bother them.

On the bright side, it’s much warmer than the hilly Judean Hills where Yirushalim is. The food is really good, the rooms are nice, and there is wireless access. Add to that, that I am the only Hutznik (non-israeli) and I am happy.

No comments: